St. Sabina Academy
Ujima: Collective Work and Responsibility
...Where children are nourished and families are embraced.
Support The Academy & fill your freezer & pantry with great tasting
Market Day food.
Order online by Wed., April 17, 2013 to pick up food on Saturday, April 20, 2013: (St. Sabina Academy's Market Day Organization #: 18835)
Manna Express Gift Cards that benefit St. Sabina Academy are for sale in the St. Sabina Academy Office.
Local and national retailers and restaurants include Wal-Mart, Macys, Jewel, Ultra Foods, Subway, Starbucks, Amazon.com and many more.
Download the Manna Express Gift Card Order Form from the St. Sabina Academy website.
or Bring Box Top coupons from many popular home products to the drop boxes located in the Academy Lobby, the Church vestibule and the Church Office.
The Academy of Saint Sabina
Visit The St. Sabina Academy's Website to find current information, helpful to students, parents and teachers.
St. Sabina Academy is the educational outreach ministry of the Faith Community of St. Sabina. Therefore, the school shares in the mission of the church and strives to train up Christian children utilizing God's word, the Bible, and the principles found therein. The mission scripture is Proverbs 22:6: "Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it."
St. Sabina Academy is a grade school serving students from pre-kindergarten through eighth grade. The faculty and administration believe that God has a purpose for every child's life. By incorporating the gospel of Jesus Christ and African values, the faculty is committed to teaching and guiding children as they discover their place in the body of Christ. Through collective work and responsibility, the faculty and administration strive to provide a safe, stable, secure and nurturing environment in which children can achieve academic excellence.
St. Sabina Academy is committed to:
- Welcoming children of all faiths;
- Teaching our students about the Catholic faith as they participate in religion classes, services and activities;
- Responding to the needs of others by the words we proclaim and by the daily actions of the cfergy, school board, administration, faculty, staff and students;
- Using our God-given talents for the benefit of the alf-embracing community of God;
- Organizing instruction to assure that students are continuously made aware of their African-American heritage;
- Preparing our students to discover and seek God's purpose for their lives;
- Preparing our students to be positive, productive, independent thinkers and to become 'Third Day" leaders in a diverse and technological society;
- Embracing diversity and participating in initiatives that support it in order to help our children relate to all of God's people;
- Teaching our students to apply Christian values in the resolution of conflicts to create peace in our school and communities.
The clergy, school board, administration, faculty, staff, parents and students will encourage each other so that all are meeting challenges courageously, positively and consistently.